Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Somewhat Useless Degree

Emily and I at the college
 I went to (2009)
Like many people right out of high school, I had no fraking clue what I wanted to do with my life. Heck, I'm 34 years old and I just recently figured out what I wanted to with my life. But, also like most people, I went to college right out of high school.

I attended Central Michigan University for 7 years. I went through three majors. I spent a year as a music major, several years as a computer science major and finally settled on broadcasting as a major.

I graduated in August of 2002 with my Bachelors of Science in Broadcasting (Yeah, I know that is a little funny). And I promptly didn't do anything with my degree. It didn't help that my mom passed away the same week I graduated from college. But I also decided that I wasn't competitive enough to pursue a degree in Broadcasting.

So I have a lot of useless knowledge that I don't use for anything. I did get to dredge some of that knowledge up tonight. I was the co-host of 2nd GeekMom podcast. It brought back some lovely memories of my college days.

My first degree is pretty useless and I don't really want to do the line of work that my 2nd degree will be in. I'd rather just be a writer, but it might be a few years before I can make a living at that. But at least I can find some uses for all the knowledge I've gained in all my years of higher learning.


If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment