Thursday, August 4, 2011

Only 28 Days Until Dragon*Con!

I really, really abhor August for a variety of reasons. One of the reasons is that Dragon*Con is so close, yet so far away.

I started attending Dragon*Con in 2007, though I had heard about it years before. Todd came for the first time in 2008, and we've been going back ever since.

For us, Dragon*Con isn't too expensive since we only live 3 hours away. And I have lovely relatives who live in GA let us stay for free and watch Miss Emily for us while we are geeking it up. So we basically just have to get our tickets (which we got months ago) and have money for MARTA. We do like to get autographs, so we also save for that as well.

This year is the 25th year of Dragon*Con, so there are some special events. The one that I'm looking forward to is the Masked Ball. I just need to get a pink mask to match with my Layer Cake dress. There is also the Browncoats: Redemption wrap party, which I hope I can get into.

Some of the tracks are starting to release their schedules, including my favorite - the Whedonverse track. So, I'm starting to plan out what I want to do. If you are going to do panels, it's a good idea to be prepared since they often require lining up early to get into the more popular panels.

I do need the 28 days since I want to be able to finally finish my Layer Cake dress costume. But this month cannot go fast enough.


If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment