Friday, August 19, 2011

Dragon*Con: To Party or Not to Party

Many people consider Dragon*Con to be a party con. And for lots of people, the parties, room or official, are the highlight of the con. But really, Dragon*Con is much more than a 4 day party.

I've never really liked your traditional party - the standing around and drinking lots of alcohol kind. I went to one of those in college and that was enough for me.

It wasn't really alcohol part that bothered me. I'm not a big drinker, but I like to drink every one in a while. But it was just so boring because it was just drinking. If I'm going to go to a party, I want there to be dancing or games.

Anyway, back to Dragon*Con. I've only been to one Dragon*Con party, which was the Shindig the year I was pregnant. It was pretty fun. I'm planning on going to two this year - the Masked Ball and the Browncoats: Redemption wrap party - and I'm looking rather forward to those. But I've never been to a room party and I do sleep.

These two things may seem like I'm a wet blanket. I love Dragon*Con, but I'd never be able to not get sleep. Even when I stayed on site, I still tried to get at least 6 or 7 hours of sleep each night. Now that I have a toddler and we stay off site, I really need sleep.

This post was inspired by a conversation at had on one of the Dragon*Con FB groups. Apparently by not staying up all hours of the night and going to parties, I don't get my money's worth. I beg to disagree. I have a great time at Dragon*Con cosplaying, going to panels, getting autographs and more. There is plenty to keep me amused during the daytime hours.


If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment