Monday, August 8, 2011

9 Years

My sister & I with my mom in 1986
9 years ago today my life was turned upside down. 9 years ago today my mom passed away after a long battle with cancer.

I was only 23 years old when my mom passed away - I was pretty much still a kid. I had just graduated from college less than a week before my mom died, and I was lost for a while.

A lot has happened in 9 years - I got married, moved to NC, had a baby, started pursuing my dream as being a writer. I'm such a different person than I was 9 years ago.

I do remember one thing that my mom told me one. She told me that she loved how I was my own person and could care less what other people thought of me. She said that this was one of her favorite things about me.

I miss and love you Mom.


If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment