Friday, August 26, 2011

Popcorn and Beer

I'm a bit on a high tonight. I just found out that I'm going to be one of GeekMom.com 's core contributors. This is a goal I've been working towards ever since I became a writer for GeekMom.

To celebrate a little, after I got Emily to sleep and did the dishes, I popped a bag of popcorn. As it was popping, I was taken back to a time when I was younger.

My mom used to make popcorn and have a glass of beer nearly every Friday night. It was a ritual after a while. The smell of beer and popcorn is something that will always remind me of my mom.

I always miss her but the surfacing of this memory makes me miss her even more. I wonder if she would be proud of my accomplishments – I do think that she would. For now, I will eat my popcorn, watch Star Trek VI and be happy for my promotion.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Scent is so evocative. Enjoy your popcorn! I think she would be proud.

    ReplyDelete