Monday, July 25, 2011

Why Facebook is Pissing Me Off

I've been a big fan of Facebook since I joined several years ago. It was great to re-connect with old friends. It is a great way to promote my blog and my posts on GeekMom. I just adore social media.

But, Facebook has been really pissing me off lately. First there was the chat bar thingee that I was able to get rid of. From the chatter on my FB feed though, many people have been plagued by this chat bar unable to get rid of it.

But yesterday they added something that made me really want to jump ship. Facebook has started putting ads in the middle of the news feed. This is really, really, really annoying to me. My computer is a bit old, and Facebook often freezes. These ads aren't helping this.

I know the folks at Facebook are worried about the addition of Google +, but these additions aren't really making me want to stay with Facebook. I'll stay for now, since most of my friends / family are still on there. Once more people make the switch to +, I'm gone from FB.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree. It is a minefield of useless and unrelenting crap. I may disappear for a while and step back into the real world!

    ReplyDelete