Friday, July 29, 2011

Book Review - "Clearing the Aisle" by Karen Schwartz

Image: Goodreads.com
Clearing the Aisle by Karen Schwartz is the story of Rachel Silverstein and Dan Gershon as they plan their wedding.

I adore this book, it is one of my favorites. I found it in the bargain bin at Barnes and Noble when I was planning my own wedding. I immediately fell in love with the book and the characters.

After my wedding, I got the urge to read this book again. But I thought I had gotten rid of it for some reason. I was so happy when I found it again, and I've read it several times since then.

It's a pretty standard tale of wedding planning with parent drama throughout, but the characters just seemed so real. Even though I'm not Jewish, I've always found the Jewish culture really interesting, which makes this book all that much more interesting to me. The only downside is that the author only has written this one book. I'd love to read any more stories she'd write.

If you are planning a wedding or feeling nostalgic for your wedding, this is a great book. The characters are believable and the situations are too for the most part. I give this book 5 stars out of 5!

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment