Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Review - With Spoilers!

Image, Wikipedia
I'm going to warn you right now that this post does have spoilers of the movie. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, don't continue if you don't want to be spoiled.
.
.
.
.
.
.


The movie, overall, was amazing. I saw it in the 3D, and the glasses were in the shape of Harry's, which was a neat touch. The theater was packed and I think that helped the whole experience.

I did have a few issues with the movie. I wasn't very happy that they didn't show Fred's death at all. We don't see Percy at all except for a brief flash during the scene after Voldemort is killed. This is all minor to the massive issues with the epilogue.

We get a screen that says "19 years later", and we get the scene where Harry / Ginny and Ron / Hermione are taking their kids to the Hogwarts Express. The problem is that the actors don't look like 19 years have past. Harry and Ron have a little more facial hair, which I guess is suppose to make them look older. Hermione looks no older, and Ginny looks like a kid playing dress up. Also they gave Ron / Hermione an extra kid and Harry / Ginny didn't have their older son, James.

I was one of the few people that liked the epilogue in the book, but the movie version really, realy sucks hardcore. It's just such a crappy end to an otherwise great film.

Now even though I hated the epilogue, the rest of the movie was very good. I think my favorite part was Snape's memories. It was so powerful to see him crying and hugging Lily's dead body to him. It really brought home what Snape was all about.

And I'm so glad that Neville got his time to shine. His killing of the snake and standing up to Voldemort before was brilliant.

I'm still taking it all in and I'd like to go see it again while it's in the theaters. But I really, really enjoyed it.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment