Sunday, July 31, 2011

Birthdays

Most people know that today, July 31st, is Harry Potter's birthday. But there are two birthdays that are much more important to me that happen on this day.

My wonderful husband was born on this day back in 1975. He doesn't really care about his birthday or care about celebrating but I always make a semi-big deal about it. This year, we are going out for Chinese and Emily colored him a birthday card.

The reason I make such a big deal out of Todd's birthday is because he shares his birthday with my mom. She passed away 9 years ago this August 8th, and I still miss her terribly.

This week is one of the hardest of the year because my mom's birthday and death day are so close together. So focusing on Todd makes this day easier for me, though it does tend to be bittersweet.

So Happy Birthday to my beloved husband and my dearly departed mom. And happy birthday to Harry Potter and anyone else who was born on this day.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment