Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thoughts on Battlestar Galactica - includes Spoilers!

Image: Wikipedia
I've been meaning to watch Battlestar Galactica for years, but it wasn't until I became friends with my best friend and she lent me her discs of BSG that I finally watched it. 


It took me several months to get through the four seasons of BSG, partly because this show is not appropriate for a toddler to watch, so I had to keep my viewing of it at naptimes and after Emily had gone to bed.

In general terms, I really liked this series. It was very serious, but that comes with the post-apocalyptic story line. The characters are complex and very real. In some cases, they were too real and it made some episodes hard to watch.

From here, there are some spoilers, so don't read if you haven't seen the show yet.
.
.
.
.
.
.

One of my favorite characters is President Laura Roslin, but it was hard to watch her succumb to cancer, since she reminded me a lot of my mom (who died from cancer). I was teary-eyed at the end when she finally died on the new Earth.

The end was very interesting with it tying into our Earth, with Hera being the ancestor that we are all descended from.

I even liked the 3rd season that everyone else seems to hate. Besides a WTF moment at the beginning of the season, realizing that a whole year had passed, I really got into the story. This series was so character driven that it was great to see some minor characters get fleshed out more.

All in all, I really enjoyed BSG and I'm glad I watched it!

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment