Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Costuming and Dragon*Con

 
Image: Dragoncon.org

It is a little under 6 weeks until Dragon*Con and I'm getting pretty excited for it. This is the 25th year of Dragon*Con, so this year is going to be legend... wait for it... dary!

I've been so busy that I don't have a new costume for this year, but I'm trying to finish up my Kaylee Layer Cake dress.

The dress was mostly finished for Dragon*Con last year, but I needed a few more layers on the bottom. I didn't buy enough fabric, and it wasn't really a priority to go to the fabric store to get the last few yards I would need.

Since it's getting down to the wire, Emily and I headed to the fabric store this afternoon. It's been about a year since I bought the original fabric, so I was little worried that they wouldn't carry it anymore. But they had it, and it was in the same exact spot in the shop!

I got four yards, since I'd rather have too much fabric than not enough. I probably won't start it tonight, but hopefully in the next couple of days. I really want this costume finished so I can think about a new one to make for next year!

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at Dragon Con! One year, we want to go. We always go to Gen Con Indy. That's next week! Fortunately for my son, I haven't found the time to make a costume for him. He would have made a perfect little Draco Malfoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll post pictures for sure!

    I'd love to go to GenCon sometime - I love gaming and I have friends in Indy.

    ReplyDelete