Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Mask Issue

When I heard there was going to be a Masked Ball at Dragon*Con this year, I knew I wanted to go. It sounds like a lot of fun and my Kaylee Layer Cake costume fits well in the theme of a ball.

Masks are required so I went off to eBay and found a lovely pink mask to match my costume. It arrived about a week ago and I realized I had a problem. You see, I wear glasses, don't have contacts and am blind without my glasses.

There was no way I could wear the mask and the glasses at the same time so I pondered my options (as well as asking help from my Facebook friends). The idea of putting the mask on a stick came up and I wondered how I could do it and how to do it without spending anymore money.

We were at our favorite Chinese restaurant when I had the idea of using a chopstick. I took an extra pair home and worked to put my mask on the stick. I used some heavy duty tape and then I cut the ribbon on one side. The side where the stick was, I twirled the ribbon around it.

I think it turned out rather well. Now I can be able to see as well as having the mask I'll need to get into the Ball.


If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment