Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back and Looking Forward

As far as years go, 2011 wasn't too bad. It started out pretty crappy since I rang in the year from a hospital bed. But there was some big highlights to the year.

2011 was the year that I became a writer for GeekMom and it was the year that I finished the first draft of my first novel. Todd and I got to go to WrestleMania for the first time ever and of course there was our yearly trek to Dragon*Con.

Mostly it was a good year but I'm hoping that 2012 will be even better. I don't really do resolutions but I do have some goals for 2012.

I'd like to get healthy and lose some weight. But my main goal is editing my novel and then querying to find an agent. I'm hoping to start querying in March or April so maybe I'll have an agent by the end of the year.

2012 will have me attending a wedding, going to several cons and being on a panel for the first time at a con. I also hope see more people interested in GeekMom as well as learning how to sew more so I can make Emily and I costumes for Dragon*Con.

My only regret of 2011 is that I didn't get to LARP at all. I hope that I'll get to go LARPing at least a few times in 2012.

Happy New Year to everyone who reads my blog. I hope that 2012 is a great year for all of you!

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

1 comment: