Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'll Be Home For Christmas

My husband and I haven't been home for Christmas since we moved down to North Carolina. Our families live in Michigan so we always opt visit in the summer when there is no snow. But this year we are going to attempt to drive up to spend Christmas in the land of snow.

The first year we moved down to North Carolina, I was  a little bummed we couldn't go home. But since then I've liked having our quiet, stress-free Christmas. This year we decided to go home because of aging grandparents who might not be here next Christmas.

While it is a bit stressful, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm excited to have my daughter be able to see her cousins at Christmas. I'm excited to meet my cousin's son who is 15 months old and maybe even her new baby who is due soon. I'm also hoping for snow.

Growing up in Michigan has lead me to hate snow, except for Christmas. We don't usually get a lot of snow before Christmas in North Carolina. Because of this, I'm looking forward to having my daughter experience a true Michigan Christmas, hopefully complete with a little snow.



If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment