Friday, December 9, 2011

Accidents Happen

Emily's Current Favorite
We had something happen yesterday that gave me the opportunity to teach Emily a good lesson.

Emily's current favorite book is The Gingerbread Girl Goes Animal Crackers so we read it every night. Emily likes turning the pages when we read. But last night tragedy stuck last night when she ripped a page.

She was really upset and wanted to call daddy. Of course, she uses just about anything as an excuse to call her daddy but she was nearly crying because she ripped the page.

Todd told her he would fix the book and I told her it was just an accident so it was okay. We finished the book with me turning the pages, and I took it out so it could be repaired.

Todd did a great job fixing it the ripped page that it's hard to tell that it got ripped. But when we got to that page in the book for story time tonight she got really quiet. She patted the page and said really quietly, "I'm sorry."

She felt truly bad that she ripped the book. I told her that it was just an accident and accidents happen sometimes. I think it was a good lesson for her that she will make mistakes and that accidents happen.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Bless her little heart. She sounds like a sensitive soul at the moment.It is so refreshing that she gets upset about damaging her book. Most kids don't care about books today. My 2 boys were the same and got upset if they broke a toy.It is a good lesson, you are right.
    http://poshcoffeepoetry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete