Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Why I Like The Facebook Timeline

I've heard a lot of complaints about the new Facebook Timeline. Many, many people hate it and have good reasons to do so. But there is a reason why I love the new Facebook Timeline.

The new Facebook isn't one of my favorite things but at this point, I'm used to it. I've had the Timeline for a while now, and it gives me a way to do something I have been wishing I could do. And that is to be able to go back and see my oldest Facebook posts.

I've tried to scroll back a couple of times before Timeline was put into effect, but my old laptop tended to freeze up after a while. It was also a very time consuming process. But I really wanted to see those statuses again so I could copy them into my Livejournal. I like being able to read my Livejournal to see where I have been and I think Emily will find it interesting when she is older.

But there was a time that I wasn't posting as much on my Livejournal but pretty much only using Facebook. So what I was doing at that period in time was stuck in Facebook and I was unable to get to it. Then the Timeline came along and I was able to jump around my old Facebook statuses. I've started copy and pasting my old statuses into my Livejournal. It's still a time consuming process but it's much easier to do now that I can put it down and come back to it because I can jump to the time that I left off at.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment