Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Longest Second Of My Life

Tonight, Emily and went out for dinner at Earth Fare. They have family night on Thursdays where you can get a free kid's meal the purchase of $5 or more. It's a great deal because the kid's meals are huge!

We got our food and ate it in their cafe area. After we were done, I told Emily to stay in her seat so I could start cleaning up. I put my dishes and my garbage away, and turned to look at Emily.

Her seat was empty. My heart stopped and I started crying out, "Emily! Emily!." She came up behind me and I just grabbed her. I got our stuff and headed back to the car.

I tried to hug her tight but she was more concerned about getting buckled in so she could have the trading cards that came in her kid's meal. I think she had followed me and probably knew where I was. But to me, my baby girl was missing and it was the most terrifying moment of my life.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment