Monday, February 20, 2012

Going Back To Work

I've been out of the traditional workforce for over three years. I was laid off from my job the day before I was suppose to go back to work after maternity leave. It was when the economy was so bad so I wasn't able to find another job after six months of looking.

My husband and I made the decision that I would go back to school. But now I'm done with school, it's time to go back to the workforce. And it's a little scary because I haven't had to do this in a very long time.

Because I had decided to go the employment agency route, Todd and I got childcare set up before I started looking. And today, I went to my first agency.

I had used this particular employment agency before, back when we first moved down here. Back then, I did the whole application as well as the testing at the agency. But now you do everything online. So I was able to register in my pj's from the comfort of my own home.

Hopefully it will yield something decent sooner than later. Though there are other employment agencies I can try if this first one doesn't pan out. I'm a little nervous to get back into the workforce but I think it's time.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

2 comments:

  1. Good hunting! You are skilled and capable, I know some company will be lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete