Monday, February 6, 2012

Meet Red Car!

About three months ago, our Bug died. It's something that Todd can fix but it's a long, hard job. With him working 60 hours a week as well as being in school, he simply hasn't had the time to fix it.


It has been awful only having one car. Since Todd works nights, I would be stuck at home after he went to work. I was feeling a bit trapped before the Bug died, but that trapped feeling got worse once I was actually trapped in the house.

But we did our taxes a little over a week ago and got our refund a week later. We had a busy weekend with wrestling shows and a bridal shower, so we didn't get a chance to go car shopping until this morning.

My dear husband has been researching cars for about a month now since we knew we were going to get something once our tax refund came. And he found a great one at a local car lot, so we went to see if it was still there.

It was and Todd took it for a test drive while I waited at the dealership with Emily. He liked it (and he's super picky) so we did all the paperwork right then. So we are now the owners of a new (to us) Honda Santa Fe, which Emily immediately named "Red Car".

So now I'm no longer trapped in the house and I can start looking for a job next week. So it's been a very exciting day for our family!

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Cute!

    I totally relate to feeling trapped. I've never gotten a driver's license (extremely long and pointless stories of unfortunate events that don't matter) and it's really crappy to be home alone and know you can't leave. If it wasn't for the days I'm out of the house working, I'd be stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete