Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Demise of Fanaticon

At the 1st Fanaticon


There was some sad news yesterday. Because of logistic issues, the 3rd Fanaticon has been canceled without any plans to try and revive it in the future.

I've always wished there was a con in the Asheville area since the closest one is ConCarolinas which is two hours away in Charlotte. So I was excited when Fanaticon started in 2010.

The last two years, I helped man the Charlotte Browncoat table and didn't get to see a lot of the con. I was actually really looking forward to just exploring this year.

I hope that there will be another con that will be in the area again sometime. There was always a ton of people at Fanaticon as well there being a rather large geek community here.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

3 comments:

  1. What logistic issues? Why has it been canceled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not exactly sure - there hasn't been a lot of information but they just said logistic issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sad and strange. It was really popular from my understanding.

    ReplyDelete