Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! I am heading to my best friend's house this afternoon so we can take our kids out trick or treating together. It should be a lot of fun.

 But to continue the story I started in my Devil's Night post, the Halloween that happened my freshman year of college was not so fun.

I had heard a lot of scary stories during the haunted campus tour. None were about my dorm building but there was one about a girl who was murdered in her dorm room. The story goes that after she died, her ghost lingered and would write the words 'Help Me' in the fogged up mirror after people took showers.

I was alone in the dorm room on Halloween morning when I went to take a shower. When I got out of the shower, the words 'Help Me' greeted me on the mirror. I was totally freaked out and even went to make sure the door had been locked.

I never said anything about it to my roommates, since there is a good possibility that my roommates were messing with me. But I did take cold showers for months. And the next time I attempted a warm shower again, the words appeared again.

I just did the math and that Halloween was 16 years ago. I'm much happier now - partly because warm showers aren't terror inducing events anymore.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment