Thursday, October 27, 2011

Autumn is Slipping Away

A Winter View of  My Front Yard
Autumn is my most favorite season of the year, but it seems like this year it went by too fast. I know it is partly because I've been so busy, but it makes me sad that it is nearly Halloween signalling an end to the Fall.

This is partly because my favorite season is followed by my least favorite season. I abhor Winter, except when I want snow to get me into the Christmas spirit. But as I read how friends on Facebook and Twitter have gotten the first snow of the season today, I feel rather Scrooge-like.

I will hopefully be able to enjoy the little bit of Autumn we have left over the weekend. For a change, my husband doesn't have to work on Saturday. So we will be able to have more family time this weekend than usual.

I am looking forward to Halloween - Emily and I are going to my best friend's house so we can take Emily and her little girl treat or tricking. We are doing a sleep over and I'm getting my hair dyed (yay for a return to red hair) so it should be a fun time.

It's hard to believe how fast this year has flow by. I do admit as Winter and Christmas approaches, I feel anxious because of what happened last Christmas. I hope that our holiday season this year will be completely different.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Just started reading your blog! It's wonderful to find another Geek mommy!

    ReplyDelete