Sunday, October 30, 2011

Devil's Night

Tonight is Devil's Night and I'm spending it in a very laid back way. I'm hanging out with my husband and we are watching The Next Iron Chef. But I am reminded of a Devil's Night long ago that scared the pants off of me.

It was my freshman year of college and I was still trying to get along with my roommates. One of them wanted to go to a haunted tour of the campus, and several of us went (I had 3 roommates).

I attended Central Michigan University, which is very old have been founded in 1892. My freshman year was the first year that some student organization did haunted tours and the wait was really long.

I think it was getting close to midnight when our group finally was taken on the tour. At that point, Barnard Hall was still standing. It had been closed for a while and it ended up being demolished in 1997 because of structural issues.

It was also one of the most haunted places on campus. We were told the story of Carolyn, a girl who had died apparently in her sleep and was said to haunt Barnard Hall where she had died. That night there was a group of students who tried to contact her via a Ouji board. The story goes that she told them she was murdered by her boyfriend. But of course, I didn't know that at the time.

I just was walking around in the dark, freaked out of my mind. I didn't sleep well that night because of the experience. It wasn't really that fun, but it was an experience.

For me, I'm glad to be safe at home with my husband watching cooking shows that aren't that scary. For now, I'll leave it here though I'll write a post about what happened the next day that was nearly more scary than the haunted tour of campus.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment