Friday, October 21, 2011

I Wish I Could Be Funny

 
One of my favorite websites is Cracked because in most cases it is super, laugh out loud funny. I even downloaded the app on my phone so I could have funny stuff to read wherever I went.

As I was reading a few days ago, I saw the very shiny 'Write For Us' link at the top of the page. I'm always on the lookout for these sorts of offers since a similar link is how I got to be a GeekMom core contributor.

I went so far to click on the Cracked "Write For Us" link and then I realized. I couldn't write for them - I'm not funny. Comedy has never been my thing, ever. And if I tried to be funny it would probably come out very forced, which isn't funny at all.

When I was in college, my best friend and I would write stories together. We tried to be funny once and it ended up being more of a satire piece with our current boyfriends being cast into evil dictator roles. It was weird but it wasn't funny.

So I wish I could write humor, but I can't. I hope my blog is entertaining but I know it will never be funny. Which makes me admire the fine writers at Cracked all the more.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

3 comments:

  1. I can't help but agree with you. The sad thing is, I think I'm funny, but pretty much no one else does. And to make the matter worse, my husband thinks I'm serious most of the time so he thinks I'm being mean. My humor, to me at least, is very dry with side serving of sarcasm.

    It's okay that your not funny. You're fun :-) And occasionally you whip a pretty awesome witty remark. I also wish I could writer for cracked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the funny comments I make are not because I'm trying to be funny. I once declared that I was cheap and easy - and I was totally serious *L*

    Thanks :) I hope I am fun - or at least entertaining *L*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can empathize. I'm almost always only funny by accident. Occasionally, a hilarious quip will make its way out of my mouth with intention, but these moments are less than once a month, really. It's not my gift. But I have others. And you, Mandy, have MANY gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete