Monday, October 10, 2011

Potty Training Day 1

So we have been attempting potty training in a casual way for a while now. Things have been so busy this summer it just never seemed like the right time do do a major effort to get Emily to pee and poop her in potty.

But now things have calmed down and we won't be going anywhere until Halloween. Her birthday party next weekend may derail things but we will see how it goes.

Currently we are trying to set our kitchen timer for an hour and having her sit on the potty when the timer goes off. So far she has pooped half in her training pants, and I think she's peed in her diaper. But it's only the first day so I'm trying to not get discouraged.

If this method doesn't work, we will probably do the underwear method. Where she just wears underwear so if she pees she will feel wet. Hopefully this hour method will work since I don't really want to use the underwear method.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

4 comments:

  1. Oh god, I hate the idea of the underwear method, but Mom's swear by it. Which I can see why. It would certainly make them want to go in the potty, right?

    And don't get discouraged. It'll take a bit for her to catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the idea of the underwear method. I hope we don't have to do that. She did pee in her potty this afternoon so I think the hour method will work after a while

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anyone who hasn't trained with the underwear method. They must be onto something! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good for them, Nancy, but I don't want to go that route. It would be a huge mess and pain in the butt.

    ReplyDelete