Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thoughts On Christmas

I know it's not even Thanksgiving, but I've been thinking a lot about Thanksgiving ever since Halloween was over.

Christmas used to be my favorite holiday, until my mom passed away. Christmas was her favorite as well, so it was rough those first few years. Even though being able to experience the magic of Christmas through Emily's eyes has increased my enjoyment of Christmas, I still like Halloween better.

This year we are going home to Michigan for Christmas. Usually we don't because of the snow, but there are a variety of reasons we decided to go home. I'm excited to have Emily be able to spend Christmas with her cousins as well as a snowy, Michigan Christmas.

But I'm starting to feel uneasy as the calender inches towards December. This is because it will have been a year since I got so sick. I think I want this Christmas to be the best ever to make up for the fact that I didn't get a Christmas last year. Thinking about last Christmas makes me feel weepy and sad.

So, here is hoping I have the best Christmas ever!

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment