Friday, June 10, 2011

Migraines, Toddlers, and Novels - Oh My!

There has been a lot of weird weather lately here in Western North Carolina. It's been very, very hot, for one, much hotter than the norm for this time of year. There have also been a lot of thunderstorms in the area - though in the last few days I've heard thunder in the distance but haven't gotten any of the rain.

When I woke up this morning, I had a very bad migraine. This was due, I'm sure, to all the storms in the area. Weather is one of my biggest migraine triggers, and the one I have no control over. Thankfully it's Friday so I just have my at-home work to do and no school. That makes things a little better.

Despite feeling pretty crappy, I'm really trying to work on my novel, as I really want it done by Christmas but the storms have Emily being really clingy. It's very hard to try and type, along with even thinking of good ideas while suffering from a migraine and having a toddler crawling over you.

But I'm working on it - hopefully I can get the first draft of my novel done by or before Dragon*Con - sooner if possible since this fall is going to be crazy busy for me. This means I have to suffer through the migraines and the clinginess of my child to get it done.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment