Friday, June 17, 2011

Sometimes being a Parent sucks


I love my daughter and I love being a mom, but there are times that being a parent just sucks. Last night was one of those times.

I was mindlessly surfing the internet, thinking about going to bed because I wasn't feeling well, which I heard the door to Emily's room open. She's been having nightmares lately so I thought that was what was going on. Until she got to me and I saw puke on her face.

I jumped into action, cleaning her up.Then I went into the bedroom to see the damage. Thankfully, she only go the sheet and her pillowcase. So I got the sheet off the bed, bundled it with the pillowcase and got it in the wash. I made up the bed while Emily watched Nick Jr. in the living room.

Finally I was ready for her to go back to bed, and I herded her back into the bedroom. At which point, she pitched a huge fit because there was no Dora pillowcase on her pillow. She adamantly refused to lay down and I ended up letting her just sulk on her bed until she finally fell asleep.

Needless to say, it was much later than I intended before I got to go to bed, so I'm not feeling that great this morning. Emily on the other hand, is acting perfectly fine, like she never got sick last night.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment