Thursday, June 2, 2011

Life Happens When You Are Making Plans

Me at the Biltmore House when I was very pregnant
I was listening to the radio on my way into school this morning and there was a quick story about Kim Kardashian. It talked about how the rumors of her being pregnant are not true, but that she plans on being pregnant by next summer.

This statement got me thinking. I love making plans. I am a planner. If I could, I'd plan out the rest of my life right now. I especially love planning vacations, and I think one of the happiest times of my life was when I was planning my Disney World honeymoon.

But one thing I have learned, is that it is very hard to plan for babies. I think for most people, myself included, getting pregnant never happens when you plan it.

For us, we started trying to conceive after we got back from our honeymoon in October 2007. We thought it was going to take a long time because Todd and I were on different schedules and didn't even see each other during the week. Suffice to say, we were both surprised when I got pregnant 3 months later.

Once Emily was here, I realized that any plans I would make were subject to change at the last minute. That's just the way of babies and toddlers, and I don't really foresee it getting any better as she gets older.

Even though I can't plan my life out to the Nth degree, I'm very happy to be Emily's mom. She is a great kid and I look forward to watching her grow up. Though I am already half planning her first trip to Disney World... in the Fall or Winter of 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment