Saturday, May 21, 2011

Self-Publishing

So, in addition to being a blogger and mom, I'm also an inspiring author. I've been writing stories for, well, over a decade. My first story was a blatant Star Wars rip-off that I wrote when I was in the 5th or 6th grade.

I've continued to write over the years, and, I hope, I've gotten a lot better. I'm feeling I'm ready to make that plunge into the publishing world, and I've made it my goal to have my current work in progress ready for publishing by Christmas 2011.

This is really important to me since I got so sick over Christmas last year. I really want to have accomplished something big by Christmas this year, kind of to make up for the fact that I do not remember Christmas Eve or Christmas Day 2010.

As I work on my novel, I am thinking about my options once I am ready to start selling it. I was talking to a friend of mine today, and she has some experience in the publishing world and she told me that self-publishing is basically considered a cop-out in the publishing world.

So I'm just not sure what to do. Both traditional and self-publishing have their advantages and their disadvantages.

Though mostly I need to find time to write every day. I'm on Chapter 6 right now so I have a while to do before my first draft is even finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment