Monday, May 9, 2011

Belated Mother's Day Post

I spent yesterday with my wonderful family so I didn't get a chance to make a Mother's day post. Mother's day is a mixed holiday for me because my mom passed away in 2002 from a long battle with cancer.

In the morning we went to church, which made me think of my mom and made me weepy. But it was a good service with an excellent sermon by Pastor Mark.

After church, Todd made waffles and bacon for brunch. After we ate,Emily and I took a nap. Once we woke up, Todd was playing with Emily so I could get some work done. But then he asked me if I wanted to go to Coldstone for a snack.

I never turn down ice cream so we headed down to Biltmore Square for some ice cream. It was a beautiful day here in NC, and we had a nice little walk to Coldstone.

After our treat, we headed home. I worked some more while Todd made hamburgers on the grill. After supper, he played with Emily until it was time for bed.

Once Emily was asleep, Todd and I played Nintendo Monopoly which was very fun, though the game ended up as a draw.

All in all, it was a very nice mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment