Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Problem With Craigslist

Now I love Craigslist - I've made decent money selling stuff we don't use and gotten some neat toys for Emily off it.

What I hate is the people - most people I buy and sell from arrive at the pre-arranged meeting time within a few minutes. But then there are the people who are so inconsiderate that don't arrive on time.

The worst was when I had to wait nearly an hour, with Emily in the car, only be be paid partly in pennies!

Today it happened again though. I was selling gas drops that were still in the package. I got there a few minutes early and proceeded to wait. I got an email after waiting 15 minutes that they were running late and had to get gas (which is ironic since we were meeting at the Ingles Gas Station), and I ended up having to wait another 10 minutes.

When they got there, the girl took the gas drops but neglected to have the money ready. I'm not sure if she thought I was just going to give them to her, but for having to sit there for almost a 1/2 hour, I deserved that dollar!

I will continue to sell things on Craigslist but it still annoy me how some people are. My time is worth something too.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. I seem to have real bad luck with it too!

    Sorry you had another one of those.

    ReplyDelete