Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Royal Rumble

Originally my husband and I were going to have movie night after Emily went to sleep Sunday. But he asked me if I'd rather watch the Royal Rumble, which I did.

The Royal Rumble is my favorite of all the WWE live PPVs. We got to see the Rumble live in 2010 when it was in Atlanta, and it was an amazing experience.

I live tweeted through most of the Rumble, which was fun seeing the trending topics on Twitter change as the matches went on.

Me and Chris Jericho in December 2007
I was really happy to see one of my favorite wrestlers back. Chris Jericho was one of my first favorite wrestlers when I started watching WWE back when I was in college.

He was also the first wrestler that my husband and I met in person. On December 26, 2007 we got up at the crack of dawn to drive to Nashville just to meet Chris Jericho. He was signing copies of his memoir at a Books-A-Million. It was well worth the 4+ hour drive to meet him.

Watching the Rumble was a great way for Todd and I to spend our Sunday evening. I hope that we can see another Rumble live someday, along with seeing another WrestleMania. Though we are seeing another one of our favorite PPVs live in April.

TNA is the other major wrestling company and one of their biggest PPVs is Lockdown. Lockdown is unique because every match takes place in a steel cage. It's going to be in Nashville this year, so we just had to get tickets. I'm really looking forward to seeing it and it will make three years in a row that we have seen a major wrestling PPV live.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment