Thursday, April 21, 2011

Why I'm a Fan of Technology

Emmy and her new dollhouse
According to the Terminator mythos, SkyNet became aware a few days ago, and then was suppose to go crazy, killing humans and taking over the world. I'm also in the midst of watching BSG, which involves robots (Cylons) killing and taking over the world.

Despite the fact that a lot of sci-fi writers out there think that technology is going to become aware and kill us, I'm still a fan of it. 

So, My dear husband has been in purge mode, selling a lot of things that we just don't use. He also likes checking out Craigslist for any cool toys for Emily

She's been sick all week with a cold and he wanted to get her something to make her feel better. And he found this super cool dollhouse for really cheap on Craigslist.

Of course, since he works nights, it was up to me to call on it and then go and get it. The house of the person selling it up literally up a mountain. I would have never found it if it hadn't been for my TomTom GPS.

I try and not go anywhere without Tom in the car. Once, when we hadn't been living in NC very long, Todd decided we should take a ride to look around. We were still used to Michigan where all the roads are pretty straight and you can usually find your way back if you get lost.

WNC doesn't have straight roads, and we got very, very, very lost. We were driving around in the mountains for hours, to the point that we thought we were going to run out of gas. We finally found our way home, but it kind of scarred me!

So I love my GPS, it makes my life easier. Yes, it might come alive sometime and kill me, but I'm willing to take that chance to simplify my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment