Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why I Will Never Text and Drive

My VW Bug!
I'm not very good at driving. I never have been. It didn't help that when I was 16 I got into a car accident. It wasn't super serious, but I had a friend in the car and the other driver had to be taken to the hospital.

Because I lived in Michigan and because it had been almost winter, I didn't drive for about 6 months after that. Not only did I basically have to re-learn how to drive, the accident really shook my confidence.

Now that I'm an adult, I still don't have a lot of confidence in driving. Because of this, I make sure that I have my eyes on the road at all time. And if there is someone else who is willing to drive, I'm much happier as a passenger.

I never really got way texting was so popular until I got my smart phone and started using the texting option on it. Now I text all the time, but I have no idea how people text and drive at the same time.

Usually I need both eyes on my phone to be able to text, and I need both eyes to drive, so to text and drive, I'd need another pair of eyes. And honestly, I've never gotten a text that couldn't be wait to be read / responded to until I was stopped somewhere.

So, I will never attempt to text and drive. I know that for me, I'd end up in a wreck if I did so.

No comments:

Post a Comment