Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dragon*Con 2011 - Some Random Thoughts

I'm going to do con reports for each day I was at Dragon*Con, but I thought I'd share some random thoughts about this year's con before I do that.

Pre-Reg - We got caught in the shut down period where the computers for the new badge system crashed on Thursday. Husband complained bitterly while we were in line. But once they got things going again, the line moved fast. I think we were in line a little over 2 hours, so it was a vast improvement.

The husband complains about the line every year, though he did admit it went better this year. I am thinking about trying to raise the money to go Eternal, then he won't have anything to complain about!

Crowds - It was really crowded this year. But most people were really nice if you bumped into them - and with a hoop skirt on it was hard not to bump into people. Saturday was the worst day for crowds. I went to the Sheraton for a Guild panel, and the line for Saturday only badges was around the building.

Panels - I love that Dragon*Con has the whole room clearing policy with panels. It makes it possible to see a big panel you want. I do think that the 'you have to wait an hour ahead of time to line up' thing is a nice thought but not possible. Most of the panels I went to the line was forming well over an hour because they were big panels that lots of people wanted to go into. I'm not sure how to fix this problem though.

Masked Ball - I'm going to do a whole post on this, so all I will say now is that it was a huge disappointment.

Browncoats: Redemption Wrap Party - was awesome! Totally made up for the Masked Ball fail.

Layer Cake Dress - It was a big hit! Even Felicia Day commented that she liked it, which totally made my day. There are some issues with it so I will be making a 2.0 version at some point. I first need to make an Emily sized version since my husband told her I would.

All in all, Dragon*Con 2011 was a great con. I'll post more in depth once I get some sleep!


If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment