Sunday, September 11, 2011

A 9/11 Post

I just thought I'd do a quick post about the anniversary of 9/11 before I go pass out (I've been sick the last few days and it's taking it's toll on me).
I was in my last year of college when 9/11 happened. I had been playing a video game in my room when my roommate came in to tell me what happened. School was canceled and I spent the majority of the rest of the day glued to the TV. Though I did talk to my mom on the phone and she told me to go get gas in my car.
It was one of the most bizarre things in my life as I drove down the main road in Mount Pleasant, MI and it was just empty – except for the gas stations that all had lines out to the road.
It’s hard to believe it’s been 10 years – though a lot has happened to me in that time. I spent the day avoiding any news coverage about the anniversary. Instead, I spent the day with my family. I napped with my toddler and then we all watched the Detroit Lions win their first game of the season. I don’t think I’ll ever forget about 9/11 but I’d rather focus on the future and my family than looking to the past.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment