Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Time For Pumpkins

I love the Autumn as it is my favorite season. Cooler weather, football, Halloween and pumpkins are all reasons I love Fall.

We were at the grocery store over the weekend and they had pumpkins on sale. We got one so I could gut it for seeds, which I finally did yesterday.

I got all the seeds out and put them in warm salt water. After Emily was in bed, I roasted them in the oven. This morning I do have to shake off the excess salt and then they will be ready to eat.

I love pumpkins - though this year I'm going to try to use a pie pumpkin to make pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake instead of getting the pumpkin in a can. We'll see how that goes when I try it.

For now, I'll be enjoying my pumpkin seeds as well as the cool, rainy weather we have been having.
 
If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

1 comment: