Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Problem With Paint

My weekend wasn't stellar because I dealt with a major migraine. For normal people, death of a loved one = crying, end of story. But I'm not a normal person. Crying my eyes out equals lots and lots of pain.

My migraine was waning when the weekend ended and it was time to go back to work.   Unfortunately, they are doing some construction and painting at work this week. Again, for normal people this just might be annoying. But it's been more than a little trying for me.

I work in a file room that is closed off because it's a secure room that only certain people can access. I'm a little ways away from the offices they are painting, but for some reason the paint fumes have been filtering into my file cave. It's been making my head ache like crazy.

I told my supervisor about it and she told me to go outside every hour to get some air. It helps for while I'm outside, but the fumes smell even worse when I have to go back inside.

I really try not to let my headaches rule my life, but it's weeks like this that remind me that I do have a chronic disease. Hopefully, they will be done with the painting soon and things can get back to normal.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment