Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Long Weekend - Part 2: The Mall and Wrestling

Todd and I got up early on Sunday morning to make the four hour trek to Nashville. We had gotten tickets to a wrestling PPV (TNA Lockdown) before my cousin set his wedding date. We were going to drive down early to do some sightseeing before going to the show.

As we were driving down, we realized that there was a time change which gave us an extra hour. We had been planning to do a little sight seeing, but Todd suggested we go see The Cabin In The Woods, which had opened that weekend.

I love Joss Whedon (obviously!) but I don't like seeing scary movies in the theater without Todd, since I tend to hide in his chest when things get too scary or gory. I was bummed already that I wasn't going to see this movie opening weekend due to the amount of stuff that was already planned. So I said yes and went to my phone to find a movie theater.

I picked a theater that had 'Opryland' in the title, since I was assuming that we were still going to drive by sights. When we got there, we found that the theater was in a gigantic mall of awesome-ness. We made the mistake of parking at the other end of the mall, so we had to walk through the length of the mall before getting to the movie theater.

So we got to see that they had a Disney Store, a Lego Store and even a Crocs store! Before we even got to the movie theater we had abandoned our sight seeing plans in favor of doing some shopping. The movie was excellent - pure Joss. But I was excited to look at some of the stores.

I've been in love with Crocs since I got my first pair for our Disney honeymoon. My last pair had gotten chewed up by our newest kitty, Sam, so I needed another pair. We found the sale bins and I managed to find two pairs (one traditional and one a pair of pink flats) for $15 total! I have been so happy with them.

Next we went to the Lego store and drooled over the Lego Death Star. We didn't buy anything there because the sets are expensive. Plus the regular Lego bricks are still a little small for Emily.

Finally we ended up at the Disney Store. It had been a long time since I was in one of these since we don't have one locally anymore - they closed a bunch a few years ago as they were rebranding. Since Emily had been so good at the wedding, we wanted to get her a present. We hemmed and hawed, because of the amount of shiny Disney things. In the end, we got her three sets of toy figures - a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse set, a Pooh set and a Princess and the Frog set. They were on sale, so we got a great deal. Emily loved them and has played with them everyday (including right now!).

By the time we got done with the Disney Store, we left to go to the arena for the PPV. The doors opened not long after we got there and we managed to get inside quickly. We found our seats (which were awesome) and got some food.

It had been a while since we went to a TNA PPV - the last one was when I was newly pregnant with Emily. I was so newly pregnant that I didn't know that I was expecting a baby. Their production values are a lot lower than the WWE PPVs, but the wrestling tends to be better.

Lockdown gets its name because all the matches take place in a steel cage. It was a very good show, but I ended up yawning through the last half. The long weekend was starting to take its toll. We had an interesting pair next to us. It looked to be a grandmother with her tween grandson. She was clipping coupons after they sat down and had no interest in the show. She also kept dragging her grandson out of their seats so he missed a good portion of the show. Todd and I felt bad for the grandson.

After the show, we drove home.  Well, Todd drove and I slept most of the way. We got home and my dad and Esther were awake. They were having to leave right away because they had to get back to Michigan before 5 p.m. for an appointment. We said bye to them and I went to pass out.

It was a very fun weekend, but it was really long. I hope I don't have a weekend that packed again because I dragged all week at work because of sleep deprivation!

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment