Saturday, March 17, 2012

Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial Weekend

Jedi Knight Chaos Mandy
I'm not going to post about St. Patrick's Day because I honestly really dislike St. Patrick's Day. I was always annoyed as a child that some guy named Patrick got a holiday and I didn't, even though my birthday is two days after the green beer holiday. As I grew up, I realized that I didn't like watered down beer and pretty much ignore this holiday.

Instead, I'm going to talk about Bioware's very special birthday present to me. Which is the free trial weekend of Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) MMORPG.

I've wanted to play SWTOR for a while now. It just came out last December so it's still very shiny and new. So I was really surprised to find out that they were having a free weekend. From this past Thursday to some point on Monday, you can download and play SWTOR for free.

I got a new laptop recently but I wasn't sure if it was going to be good enough to play this game. My best friend, Dolli, who is much more computer saavy than I am looked up the specs for me to see if it would work. According to the minimum specs, my laptop's video card wasn't good enough.

Even knowing this, I decided to download the game just to see. Surprisingly, after the game downloaded, it actually ran! I'm not sure why the minimum specs said I couldn't because I don't even have any lag.

So I've been trying to play SWTOR as much as possible the last couple of days. My husband has been great about making sure I get some playing time while it is free. Tomorrow I won't get to play at all, because we'll be heading to Dolli's house to play our table top game and eat cake for my birthday.

I'll be buying a subscription sometime in the future, because it's a very fun game. I've made it to level 8 with my Jedi Knight (who is green so she will never be pinched on St. Patrick's Day). I'm looking forward to exploring more of the world as well as making a 2nd character who is evil!

I'd recommend Star Wars: The Old Republic to any Star Wars fans, but especially the ones who loved Knight of the Old Republic like I did. It's a very good game.

If you like my blog, please rate it at Top Mommy Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment