Thursday, November 11, 2010

LARPing and being out of shape

I went down to GA to LARP last weekend. I love LARPing, though this LARP is a boffer weapon LARP so it's a lot of running, attacking and since I play an NPC,a lot of falling down and dying.

On Friday night, I was in a module where I and two other NPC's were playing shark monsters. I lunged forward to attack, when I slipped. When I slipped, I did the splits further than I have ever done before. Needless to say, I was really sore for the rest of the weekend.

Even if I hadn't hurt myself, the running around really got to me after awhile, and I was just sore and wiped out by the time I got home on Sunday. Because of this, I've vowed I'm going to make time to work on getting in shape before the next LARP, which isn't until April.

No comments:

Post a Comment