Friday, November 5, 2010

Are Happy Meals Evil?

San Francisco has banned toys in unhealthy kids meals (you can read the article here), and many people I know think this is super great and whatnot.

So I'm feeling like I'm not the best parent because my child has ingested a few Happy Meals. But, I don't think a happy meal once in a while is bad, and I don't think McDonald's food is as awful as people think it is.

I worked at McDonald's for two years when I was in college, and while it isn't the best food, it's not that horrible either.

Of course, it could also be because I don't really believe that organic is the way to go. I'm not a very crunchy person, and even if I was, with me being out of work, it's just not affordable for us to buy all organic. And both Todd and I are not convinced that organic is worth the huge market as compared to regular food.

But I could just be a bad mom for giving my kid processed food every once in a while, but I don't really think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment