Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Browncoat Ball - Sunday

Sunday dawned bright and early, and I got packed up pretty quickly. I loaded my car up, and went to the hospitality room to help out. I sold the table centerpieces from the night before and last minute raffle tickets.

The raffle happened, and it went really fast! It was done in the similar way as the CSTS raffle is done every year, but we made it through a ton of prizes in about 40 minutes, which I think is a record!

I didn't win anything but I was allowed to take the giant dinosaur balloon home for Emily. I didn't stick around for the Shepard Book Words of Wisdom that took place after the raffle because I was tired and wanted to get home.

The weekend was really fun! I hope to get to another Ball someday, and I'm sure that will be a different experience because I won't be on the planning committee for any future Balls (though I would love to build up Asheville Browncoats and put in a Ball proposal someday).

No comments:

Post a Comment