Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pimping out my Etsy Store

For CSTS 2008, I had all the parts of a Kaylee Serenity (tv pilot) outfit. All the parts, but one.

I needed Kaylee's signature parasol. I had found a site online to buy a Kaylee parasol, but when I went to buy it, they were out of stock!

I looked around the internet for someplace else, but I couldn't find any other sellers of Kaylee parasols. So, I decided to get a white parasol and paint it myself.

I went to Michael's to get paint without a picture of the colors I'd need, but I managed to get the right shades of the yellow, green and red.

The painting of the parasol was actually pretty easy and it turned out great! And at CSTS I got a lot of compliments on it.

I thought about it for a while, and with urging from my husband, I decided to start an Esty store - Sunshades and Escapades, that would feature my Kaylee parasols, along with other goodies I've made.

Sunshades and Escapades!

No comments:

Post a Comment