Friday, July 2, 2010

Bad Parent or Good Parent

It's odd how your ideas change from before you have kids to after you have kids.

I know a lot of people look down on parents who 'leash' their kids, but for me, buying Emily's bat wing backpack with the leash on it was a very good thing.

You see, Emily really dislikes holding hands, and she wants to run free. But she doesn't get the concept of looking before she walks yet, so it was a nerve-wrecking, tantrum making issue.

I decided to get her the restraint and it was some of the best money I've ever spent. It gives her the illusion of freedom, and it gives me the piece of mind that if I have to, I can pull her out of danger.

I don't think this makes me a bad parent - rather a good one that is concerned about my child, but wants to give her some freedom to explore her world!

2 comments:

  1. Every parent out there will understand. And the bat wings take it past functional to adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We get compliments on the bat wings all the time!

    ReplyDelete