Thursday, June 10, 2010

Working for a Living

I was laid off from my job the day before I was suppose to return from materity leave, which I was really upset about at the time. It actually turned out to be ok, since I've been able to stay home all of this time with Miss Emily.

But I honestly hate not having my own money to play with, especially with all the expenses I have this year (ConCarolinas, CSTS, Dragon*Con and the Browncoat Ball!), so soon after I got used to being a SAHM, I searched the internet for ways to make money.

There are several ways to make money via the internet - there are little programs that you can click on links and sign up for sites that give you a little bit of money, there are programs that send you paid emails, and there are at home jobs.

I've done several of these and have a couple that I do often. My biggest moneymaker is my at-home job, ChaCha. ChaCha is an SMS service where you text in questions, and someone answers them. I'm one of the people who answers the questions, and I make 10 to 20 cents a question (usually I average 12 cents a question).

I'm pretty fast so I usually can make $5 to $10, which is nice since I can usually make $100 or more a month.

It's nice to be able to have options to make some extra money!

No comments:

Post a Comment