Monday, June 7, 2010

Gaming

I love gaming, I have for years.

When I was little, I loved the D&D cartoon and always wanted to play the game. I finally learned to play D&D in college, from there I did White Wolf Larps, Star Wars D6, among others.

But after I graduated, I tried and tried to find a game to play in, in MI. I wasn't successful. But after Todd and I moved, we found another couple who loved gaming, who introduced me to Heroes System games, which I love.

A month before Emily was born, they moved out of state, so that was the end of weekly gaming, which was okay at first since I was adjusting to having a newborn.

Now that Emily is a toddler, I miss it even more. So, my goal for attending ConCarolinas was to game. I played in a Serenity game and a Hero Systems game, and it was so much fun.

But now I'm looking at not being able to game again until November at the soonest, which makes me sad. There is a local gaming group, but they meet on Tuesday nights which wouldn't work for me.

So, I'm feeling a bit bummed right now. I miss gaming so much more now that I've had a taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment