Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Lovey Experiment

Emily has not had a favorite stuffed animal or blanket. She has a blanket she sleeps with, but she's a wild sleeper and it ends up off her more often than not.

When she is sleepy or not feeling good, she'll stick her middle fingers in her mouth and she'll use her other hand to twirl her fingers around my hair. Essentially my hair is her lovey!

Since my hair is attached to my head, I'd like her to move away from the twirling. I read something on another blog about getting a child attached to a lovey by putting it in reach at bedtime and what not.

We got her a Christmas bear on sale the other day, and she really seemed to like it a lot, so I decided to try "The Lovey Experiment".

She really likes this bear, and has been hanging onto it a lot. The only issue was that it took much longer to get her to bed last night because she wanted to play with Mr. Bear.

We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment