Monday, February 21, 2011

Trek Trax Atlanta Review

I attended the very first Trek Trax Atlanta this past weekend. It was a small con, but it was very fun.

I took Emily down on Friday night, even though it was after 5 pm when we got there, there wasn't really much going on. I'd really like to see more programming early on Friday for next year, because most of the stuff didn't seem to start until pretty late that night.

I got to the con a little before 10 am on Saturday, since the first panels were starting at 10. I went to a couple costuming panels right off, and then visited the dealer's room.

The dealer's room was pretty small but I managed to spend quite a bit of money. After that, I went to the Tim Russ (Tuvok from ST:Voyager) panel which was pretty good. After his panel, was the Duras Sisters (Barbara March and Gwynyth Walsh), though that panel started late.

After that, I was starting to get tired. I did a few more panels and watched some videos in the video room. My phone rang around 7 pm and it was my husband, so I ended up leaving then (I walked to the car as I was talking to Todd) because I was getting really tired.

 I didn't attend on Sunday, because of choosing to go home early to be able to game Sunday afternoon.

My main issue with this con is that I wish that there had been more programming on Friday (and earlier in the day) and that Sunday hadn't been a full day of programming since even if I had gone on Sunday, I would have had to leave rather early due to having to drive 3 hours back home. President's Day weekend isn't like Labor Day weekend and I'm sure most people had to work / go to school today like I did.

All in all, it was a pretty fun con. Depending on the guests for next year, I'll probably go back.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun, and I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! A lot of the people cosplaying had on TOS outfits.

    ReplyDelete